Oops, we did it again.
Hummus for a meal.
As the main part of our meal. It happens – quite a bit – here, and I am a-okay with it.
My husband grew up in a very meat-and-potatoes kind of house (as most of us probably do), so it’s hard for me to find meatless options that he loves AND that will fill him up. But anytime I use hummus, it’s a win. One because we love Sabra hummus any time, and two because hummus is hearty and filling and satiating without being heavy. Which is a great bonus in the summer time, too.
Honestly, I originally made this as an appetizer / snack, but it was so delicious and filling that we turned it into our “unofficial meal” that night! And that’s one of my favorite things about this caprese hummus crescent ring — it can easily be a party snack or afternoon treat or be the main part of your meal with some extra veggies or salad along side it.
Since summer is just around the corner, all I can think about is caprese salads. Sweet tomatoes; creamy mozzarella; bright basil. And then I had a dream that I mixed it all up with some Sabra classic hummus…and I knew I had to make it happen for real.
It’s not tomato season here yet, so for this, I actually used some slow roasted tomatoes that I made and froze last year – and it turned out amazing. They’re like little tomato jewels, super concentrated and sugary sweet. But you could also use fresh tomatoes OR whip out some Sabra sundried tomato hummus instead of the classic.
Whether you’re looking for something to take to your next get together or just want a fun after school snack or dinner app, this baby is IT. It’s creamy, buttery, sweet, and savory, all in one bite. And you really can’t go wrong with that.
Layers of flaky cresent rolls, creamy hummus, melted mozzarella, sweet tomato bites, and bright pesto, all come together for one perfect summer bite.
Caprese Hummus Crescent Ring
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh or sundried tomatoes, diced into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll both cans of dough and separate into 16 triangles. Place a piece of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet. Arrange the triangles in a ring so the short sides of the triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. The dough will overlap and should look like a sun.
- Spread the hummus on the half of each triangle closest to the center of ring. Top the hummus with the shredded cheese. Sprinkle the tomatoes on the cheese, and then add dollops of the pesto all along the filling mixture.
- Bring each dough triangle up over the filling, tucking the dough under the bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little - that's fine!).
- Bake 25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown and fully baked. Cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
I’m so excited to be working with Sabra again this year, sharing fun recipes with you guys! As always, all recipes and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support us!