Disclosure: This post is in part sponsored by JORD. I received product in exchange for this post. As always, all recipes and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support us!
I love Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’s because it’s another chance to do something fun and out of the routine like dinner out or a special date or – my personal favorite – making an amazing, new meal at home together. I’m also a hopeless romantic, so duh, I like Valentine’s Day. I love the idea of giving something meaningful to your people or doing something special and, above all, spending quality time with them.
When I first heard of JORD, I thought that these wood watches would make a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day. But my husband doesn’t really wear watches….so I guess I got a gift for myself this year?
I have never seen such a unique watch. Their men‘s and women‘s wood watches are absolutely gorgeous, and unlike anything I’ve ever seen in stores! So many of their watches caught my eye, but the one I decided to review was their Cora Zebrawood & Rose.
Um, hello beautiful.
Besides the watch itself, I was equally as impressed by the packaging. The watches come in a beautiful wooden box, with the watch surrounding a small burlap pillow. It’s gorgeous and definitely gift-worthy! Honestly, no need to even wrap it. I’m planning on keeping that box for special keepsakes, too.
The watch was custom-fitted to my wrist as well. I have really small wrists, and while I know you can have watches resized, it’s nice to have it already fitted to your wrist when you gift it to someone. Plus, a gift like this is different than your typical book or album or box of candy, especially when you see all the different options they have. There really is a watch for everyone – and I may have to start a collection now.
Note: This giveaway is supplied by and coordinated through JORD, and is open to readers in the continental US only over the age of 18. JORD will receive your email address, and it may add you to a mailing list. Winner will be contacted by JORD. All e-gift codes will expire on 3/31/2017.
Whatever your plans are for Valentine’s Day this year, whip up this mousse to have when you get home from your fancy dinner or to have as a special afternoon treat.
vanilla white chocolate mousse
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Place a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Pour in the white chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of the heavy cream, the vanilla bean paste, and salt.
- Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- While the chocolate is melting, whip the remaining 3/4 cup of heavy cream to stiff peaks in a separate bowl.
- Once the white chocolate is melted, set it aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add one scoop of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and gently stir in. Fold in the rest of the whipped cream, being sure to gently fold the cream into the chocolate mixture to keep as much air as possible in the mousse.
- Either cover the entire mixture with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill or go ahead and divide up into single serving dishes, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.