Is it any surprise that tomato and peach season go together?
The only bad thing about peach and tomato season is that it is gone waaaaaayyyyyy too fast. Can’t we have them from April to November? Instead of June to September? Just a few more months, please?
I’ve seen lots of people putting peaches with tomatoes, but never really thought I’d like the combination. I mean, I know they’re both fruit – technically – but tomatoes aren’t something I ever put in a fruit salad or smoothie or anything else that I make with fruit.
But can I tell you something?
Tomatoes + peaches + fresh mozzarella + our new favorite basil dressing might be taking over as my best summer dish, ever. I would eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I could.
And now, since the season is almost over for us, I’m trying to squeeze in as many of these as humanly possible.
Even though our garden got pummeled by heavy rain this year, I’m using every precious tomato in some sort of salad (mainly with this dressing), and I have no plans of slowing down until the last tomato is gone.
Peach Caprese Salad with Basil Dressing
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Slice the tomatoes, peaches, and mozzarella and arrange them on 2 plates.
- In a blender, add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, and basil.
- Blend the dressing until smooth, adding 1-2 Tbsp of water, if needed.
- Drizzle the salads with the dressing and serve.