Who doesn’t love a good taco?
And an even more important question, who doesn’t love a perfect little bite size taco?
Really, if you can make anything in a “mini” version, people go crazy for it, right? Mini donuts, mini cupcakes, mini burgers, mini tacos. It was only a matter of time.
And I’m pretty sure I got Nick’s seal of approval because he called these little bites “taco-tastic”.
Working with Sabra the past few years has given me lots of opportunities to find new ways to use hummus, dips, and their new Veggie Fusions guacamole, and I love coming up with recipes to showcase them. These new Veggie Fusions Guacamole dips are made with real crisp vegetables, with 7 different varieties per recipe! Plus there’s 30% less fat than a classic guacamole, which is something you can feel good about.
Sabra sent me all 3 flavors to try out – South Western, Garden Vegetable, and Mango Lime – and I really love the little bites of the added veggies in these dips. I’m a big fan of guacamole, period, but I like it on the chunkier side instead of being completely smooth, so these are right up my alley! The South Western has onion, peppers, black beans, and corn. The Garden Vegetable has carrot, tomato, yellow squash, and some basil. And the Mango Lime – my personal favorite – has fresh mango, yellow carrot, peppers, and lots of lime.
It was really, really tough to not just eat all of these with tortilla chips, but I wanted to show off this mango lime guacamole in these taco cups. We had these for lunch while my sister was visiting last week, and bonus, my little boy loved them, too! He’s a BIG fan of hummus, so I figured he would love these, too.
If you’re looking for some new flavors in your guacamole this summer, head over and get your $1 off coupon from Sabra and get to the store! They’re the first of their kind and will be in the deli section in the store; if you don’t see them yet, ask your store to get them for you. All 3 are also vegan, kosher, gluten-free and made with the best quality ingredients. It’s hard to find good, healthy snacks for your family that you feel good about, and these fit the bill.
All real ingredients. Fresh. Tasty.
These would be a super fun addition to your typical taco night or DIY nacho party. Or, really, just to have with some chips + veggies pool side this summer.
Bean, Hummus, and Guacamole Taco Cups
- 8-10 large flour tortillas
- 1 can (14 oz.) refried beans
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 cup of your favorite hummus (I used Sabra's new Taco inspired hummus with pico de gallo)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Sabra Mango Lime Veggie Fusions Guacamole
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a 4-inch cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut rounds out of your tortillas, making sure they're large enough to cover the sides when pressed into your muffin tin. *If you want to make these in mini-muffin tins, make sure to cut them smaller.
- Press the tortillas into your muffin tins.
- In a bowl, mix the refried beans with the garlic powder and 2 Tbsp cilantro.
- Drop a large spoonful of the beans into each tortilla cup.
- Spoon some hummus on top of the beans in each cup.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on each taco cup.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges of the tortilla cups are golden.
- Remove from the oven and top each taco cup with a spoonful of guacamole and some more fresh cilantro.
This post sponsored by Sabra. As a Sabra Tastemaker, I’m proud to be working with them to showcase their products in new, fun recipes – and I hope you love them, too! As always, all recipes and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support us!