There are three great things about today:
- It’s Friday – hello, end of the week!
- It’s day five of my first week as a stay at home/work at home mom, and we’re doing great! The house is somewhat put together, everyone is still alive, full, and happy – so I’m calling this a win.
- Today is NATIONAL HUMMUS DAY!
We don’t need a holiday to have hummus in this house, but National Hummus Day pretty much means that it’s going to happen.
If you couldn’t tell, we love Sabra Hummus. I love everyone that I’ve met working with them over the past 4 years and I especially love that they’re right here in Virginia! Virginia is for hummus lovers, after all. Pretty sure they need to be suggesting that as an alternate slogan.
This year, Sabra is helping show people how hummus can serve as your “unofficial meal” – and that’s what it is for us, many times! Hummus is a quick, easy, and healthy option to serve up with chips and veggies – and something you can feel great about feeding your family and friends.
To give a little more punch and pizzazz to our already delicious hummus, I decided to take one of our favorite dinners and turn it into a hummus topping.
Enter: stuffed peppers.
But, I’m weird about peppers. I do NOT like them raw or half-cooked, like they sometimes are on pizza. Blech. I need them to be fully cooked through and soft or it ain’t happenin’ for me. But cooking all the ingredients up together, in one skillet, and then scooping onto some Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus? Problem solved.
It’s like the best hummus you can have, topped with the perfect flavors for this roasted pepper dip. I’m already planning on having more later today….and probably tomorrow.
To celebrate your own National Hummus Day, make sure to grab a coupon from Sabra – it’s only up until midnight tonight (5/13)!
Stuffed pepper topped hummus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 family size or 2 classic size Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Place a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, then toss in the diced onion and peppers. Cook 2-3 minutes until they're beginning to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Crumble the ground beef into the pan and cook, 5-7 minutes until the beef is browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, and pepper, and let the mixture cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once everything is mixed well and the meat is totally cooked through, remove the pan from heat.
- Stir in the rice.
- Spoon the hummus onto a large plate and top with the stuffed pepper mixture.
I am a Sabra Tastemaker and proud of it! This post is sponsored by Sabra – as always, all recipes and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support us!