Buttery puff pastry crust is wrapped around Sabra pizza hummus and pepperoni, then baked until the pastry is golden and puffed and perfectly flaky.
Oh, football season. Why do you have to come to an end right when winter is getting bad?
We’re stuck inside, in the cold, which is the perfect time to relax with a cold drink, tasty snacks, and a good game.
Lucky for us, there’s a few more games to catch – including the 50th Super Bowl!
Even though the teams aren’t set yet, we can at least start planning our snack set up. And these DEFINITELY made the list this year for some Super Bowl viewing.
Have you had palmiers before? I’ve only had a sweet version, but even that was just a year or so ago. In fact, I had never even heard of these little treats until a few years ago when I saw my foodie BFF, Ina, making them on her show.
This year, we’re going savory with these palmiers. And if we’re going savory, we’re going all out savory.
These may look fancy, but they couldn’t be simpler. You only need three things: puff pastry, Sabra pizza hummus, and pepperoni. That’s it! Fold it up, chill, then slice and bake until the pastry is puffed and golden and flaky.
And then – you dip these bad boys into my new favorite thing: Sabra’s Farmer’s Ranch greek yogurt dip. It is chock full of chopped veggies and herbs and it is SO GOOD.
Pizza and ranch goes perfect together, and they’re the perfect match with a good football game. These little bites are a cinch to make. And with only 3 ingredients, it takes no time!
Bonus! Sabra has their Buy, Snap, Score promotion going on right now – if you buy Sabra and Stacy’s together before 2/15/16 and score a $5 gift card. For more recipes using hummus, guacamole, and Greek Yogurt Dips check out the Dip Zone!
Pepperoni Pizza Hummus Palmiers
- 1 package puff pastry (2 pieces)
- 4 single serving packs Sabra pizza hummus
- 30 pepperoni slices
- Sabra Farmer's Ranch greek yogurt dip, for serving
- Let the puff pastry thaw on the counter for 30 minutes or so. Once it is mostly thawed, place one piece on a floured cutting board or counter top and roll out to about 1/8-inch thick rectangle, smoothing out the pastry fold lines.
- Spread 2 of the pizza hummus containers on the puff pastry and top with 15 pepperoni slices.
- Starting with the shorter ends, fold one side halfway to the center. Repeat with the other side. Fold each side in again, meeting in the center. Then fold one side on top of the other, to make a thick log of stuffed puff pastry.
- Repeat with the other piece of pastry.
- Cover the pastry with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 20-30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice each roll of pastry into 18 pieces (about 1/4-inch thick).
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 400 for 14-16 minutes or until the puff pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve warm or room temperature with dip.
Keep up with Sabra for more recipe and snack inspiration!
This post is sponsored by Sabra. As a Sabra Tastemaker, I am provided with Sabra products throughout the year. As always, all recipes and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support us!