It’s finally fall -REALLY fall -and that means it’s oatmeal season!
Don’t get me wrong. I love oatmeal any time of year. But it’s so much easier to have a bowl of steamy oatmeal on a crisp fall, winter, or spring morning than when it’s stifling in the summer.
Sad to say that the pretty leaves are almost gone here, but oatmeal is back and here to stay.
Lucky for me, I work with Stonyfield and all throughout the year, we’re given awesome opportunities to try cool new products that pair well with all kinds of Stonyfield yogurt. On the menu this time? Natures Path’s new Pumpkin Flax Granola and Qi’a Superfood Cereal, a mixture of dried cranberry, sliced almonds, chia, buckwheat and hemp seed.
Since pumpkin and cranberry are two of my favorite fall flavors, I figured it was only right to combine them with another perfect fall flavor – apple – and make the ultimate bowl of oatmeal.
Do you see all the goodness in this Qi’a cereal?! It packs such a punch in a small amount, making it perfect to sprinkle on oatmeal or stir into yogurt or have on its own. I love buckwheat groats so any chance to have them more often is a great thing. If you haven’t tried them before, you’re missing out!
Pumpkin Flax Granola
- A delicious and crunchy blend of oats, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon and molasses.
- Excellent source of ALA Omega-3, 31g of Whole Grains, 6g of protein, 5g of fiber
- Like all Nature’s Path products, it is USDA certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified
Qi’a Superfood Cereal (pronounced “key–ah”)
- Qi’a is a gluten free Superfood Cereal that combines Chia seeds, Hemp and Buckwheat and is full of Plant-based Protein, Fiber & ALA Omegas.
- Qi’a, like all Nature’s Path products is certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified
- You can boost your nutrition with only 2 tbsp. and feel long lasting energy from this powerful, functional, and nutritious superfood
- Qi’a Superfood Chia Buckwheat & Hemp Cereal Cranberry Vanilla is a blend of vanilla-dusted cranberries and almonds
This oatmeal has everything: tart apple, creamy oats, crunchy granola and cereal topping, and a bit more creaminess from a little Stonyfield yogurt and milk to top everything off.
Pretty sure I’m having this again tomorrow morning. No shame on repeats in this house.
Shredded apple and granola oatmeal
This bowl signifies almost everything I love about fall (minus the changing leaves and return of football season). Crunchy from the granola and cereal topping, creamy from the oats and yogurt, and a little tartness from the apple make it a perfect way to start your day.
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 small apple, cored and shredded
- 1/4 cup Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Stonyfield plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Nature's Path Qi'a Superfood Cereal
- 1-2 Tbsp Stonyfield milk (optional)
- In a medium pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Stir in the oats. Return to a boil, then lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until the majority of the liquid has cooked into the oats.
- Stir in the shredded apple, granola, and salt. Let the mixture cook for another minute to heat everything through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt and cinnamon.
- Divide the oats between two bowls and top with the Qi'a Superfood Cereal and a splash of milk before serving.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Stonyfield. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support us!