October is Healthy Pasta Month – did you know this?
It’s my favorite month and a reason to celebrate healthy pasta dishes? Count me in. I am so ready for sweaters and boots and changing leaves and hearty, healthy meals on brisk nights.
So I’ve got a great pasta dish to share!
I’m so happy to be a part of Healthy Pasta Month for Dreamfields Pasta, along with a bunch of great bloggers.
I’ve been working with Dreamfields for several years now, and since our first box, they’ve been our favorite. A great nutritional choice and such a good texture – it’s a no brainer.
And even though fall is coming in fast, you can still find zucchini here at the farmers market, so I thought this would be the perfect dish to ease our way out of summer and into the best season of the year.
This grilled chicken and zucchini is spiced up with peach chutney and za’atar seasoning – a perfect mix of sweet and spicy. The za’atar is so well balanced and it pairs so perfectly with the chutney. This might be my new favorite combo! It would be delicious on pork, too.
After grilling the chicken and zucchini, serve it up on some Dreamfields rotini tossed with chickpeas and some fresh lemon zest, and you’re set!
Za'atar and Chutney Grilled Chicken and Zucchini with Lemon Pasta Salad
30 minute meals make for even happier weeknights. There's no need to slave over the stove for hours each night for a good meal. Pasta is the answer! And making healthy pasta dishes is easier than you think. This mix uses spices and a great marinade to pack a punch in minimal time.
- 6 ounces Dreamfields Rotini
- 2 tablespoons peach chutney
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon za’atar seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise in half
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place pasta in large bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine chutney, 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, za'atar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add half of lemon zest; stir to mix well. Place chicken and zucchini on separate plates. Drizzle with za’atar mixture coating well.
- Heat skillet over medium heat or grill on low-medium heat. Cook zucchini 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, or until the juices run clear and chicken is completely cooked.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, remaining lemon zest, lemon juice and chickpeas to pasta; toss to combine well.
- Cut zucchini and chicken into bite-size pieces; toss with pasta mixture.
Nutrition information (1/4 of recipe): 400 calories; 35 g protein; 51 g carbohydrates; 9 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 70 mg cholesterol; 810 mg sodium; 9 g total dietary fiber.
To spread the #HealthyPastaMonth love even more, I’ve got a sweet prize pack up for grabs! Courtesy of Dreamfields, one winner will get a family pack of their incredible pasta plus a $25 gift card to spend as you choose!
All you need to do to win is share a link to my post on Facebook or Twitter, and include the hashtag #HealthyPastaMonth. Then, return here and leave me a comment letting me know you did…and voila, you’re entered!
Want more healthy pasta recipes? It’s your lucky day! All month long, Dreamfields is featuring a different blogger every day and sharing their pasta recipes. To make sure you don’t miss out, follow their tweets, posts, pins, pictures and videos for delicious recipes and helpful information.