I wasn’t planning on sharing these yet (and only have one picture!), but I got so many comments on Facebook and Instagram that I figured, what the heck?
Get ready for the quickest post ever.
I’d been wanting to try making some homemade breakfast sandwiches for a while now, and finally made some time earlier this week to make a batch.
I had my first one this morning for breakfast at work, and man, was it good. These barely took any time to make (most of it was hands-off), and now we’re stocked with a few quick breakfasts for crazy weekday mornings!
Homemade Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Got 15 minutes? Then you've got time to make a batch of breakfast sandwiches to stock your freezer. Easy, quick, and hearty!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon
- 3 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 english muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 6-cup muffin tin (or 6 cups on your muffin tin) with oil. Crack one egg into each cup. Break the yolks with a fork, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the eggs and the bacon at 375 for 12 minutes. Remove the eggs from the oven.
- Let the bacon cook a few more minutes, or until as crisp as you like it. Once done, place bacon on a paper towel to soak up any extra grease.
- Let the bacon and eggs cool.
- Break the bacon into 2-3 pieces each.
- Layer the bacon, 1 egg, and 1/2 slice of cheese on each english muffin. Wrap in foil and put into ziploc bag. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, remove from foil. Wrap in a paper towel and heat for 1 - 1:30 minutes in the microwave.