This will definitely go into the bucket of “basically so easy that you don’t really need a recipe” BUT these little bites turned out SO delicious that I couldn’t wait to share!
I love making dessert. I love having dessert. I love having other people make me dessert. And some times, I love digging into a really time consuming dish and lengthy recipe that takes work because you not only end up with something to eat, you have a sense of accomplishment.
But other times, you need something quick. Easy. Something you could probably do in your sleep. And those desserts need to be just as tasty! Not everything needs to take as long to make as croissants, but you should always – always – be happy when eating dessert, no matter how much work it takes.
These little strawberry bites are right up my alley for busy weeknights or an impromptu get together or for a romantic night in.
My newest favorite yogurt is Stonyfield Petite Crème – have you tried it? It’s almost like a cross between greek yogurt and crème fraiche. Super silky, hardly tangy, and not completely fat free (thank goodness – I’m also on a whole milk yogurt kick right now, and I have no plans of getting off that train). You can tell that it’s still yogurt, but it’s not so tart that it makes you pucker, which makes it perfect for using in desserts!
You don’t have to sweeten it as much (or at all) to get a good balance in the dish, and the tiny bit of tartness is perfect with sweet strawberries and semi-sweet chocolate.
Strawberry Yogurt Bites
These little bites are the perfect end to a meal - or great as an afternoon snack! They're not too sweet, and they're still good for you, but it's always nice to have a little chocolate.
- 10-12 strawberries
- 1 container Stonyfield Vive La Vanilla Petite Creme yogurt
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cut the tops and greens off each strawberry, then carefully cut out the majority of the core. Also, slice the bottom of the strawberry off so it can stand up on a plate.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the vanilla petite creme into half of the strawberries.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the rest of the petite creme and stir together.
- Fill the rest of the strawberries with the cocoa-mixed yogurt.
- Top with chocolate chips and serve.
I am part of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club and love to spread the word about their products! This post is not sponsored, although I did receive yogurt to try/use. All opinions/recipes are my own, as always. Thanks for supporting brands that support us!