This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sabra Dipping Co, LLC.. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m pretty sure you know by now that we love breakfast. As in, I love it love it. Maybe a little too much? Except it’s not possible to love breakfast too much, right? It’s honestly one of my favorite things – always has been, always will be.
I think the thing I love most about breakfast is that you can make it whatever you want! If you want sugary sweet cinnamon rolls, you can have it. I mean, you’re basically having dessert for breakfast, but it’s totally okay. Or you can go completely savory and do a potato and bacon hash with onions and peppers. Or – if you’re really feeling like you can’t decide – you can do a little sweet and savory combo with brown sugar roasted bacon tucked into waffle batter or a sweet tomato and spicy sausage quiche.
No matter what you decide, breakfast is the one meal where you just can’t go wrong. And since it’s the first thing you’re eating when you wake up in the morning — literally breaking the fast – everything tastes incredible. All of it. The coffee (or tea), juice, toast, butter, pancakes, bacon, eggs, smoothies, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, frittatas. All of these things taste best in the morning.
And today, I’ve got my newest obsession: breakfast tacos.
I have no idea why I waited so long to make breakfast tacos at home, but they will definitely be in the normal rotation now for 3 reasons:
1. They are SO easy to make! If you have some tortillas and eggs, you can make breakfast tacos. You can always pull together flavors from the fridge or garden, as long as you have the base ingredients that you need.
2. They’re quick to make – always a plus when I don’t feel like flipping 100 pancakes. The only actual cooking you’re doing is scrambling eggs. That’s it! Heating tortillas takes almost no effort, so if you can scramble eggs, you’re set!
3. These creamy eggs are one of the best fillings you could ask for in a breakfast taco.
I know. Hummus in eggs might sound a little strange, but I’ve done it before! It’s a great way to add flavor to eggs, and you only need a spoonful, so this is a good way use up the last of a container, too.
If you’re looking for new recipes for this season – or just great ways to use hummus other than on chips and veggies – make sure to Like Sabra on Facebook.
Roasted Garlic Hummus Breakfast Tacos
Since I could eat breakfast foods all day long, this recipe is perfect. I can have these for a savory breakfast to start my or as a quick and easy lunch or dinner. Switch up the flavors with whatever you have on hand - you really can't go wrong!
- Place a small skillet over medium high heat and another small skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the hummus, water, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the oil into the skillet over medium heat, then add the eggs. Cook the eggs, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes until they are creamy and just cooked through.
- While the eggs are cooking, put the tortillas into the other (dry) skillet, one at a time, and let them cook 1-2 minutes on each side to warm them up and brown them a bit.
- Once the eggs are cooked, divide the eggs between the two tortillas and top with the salsa, avocado, and scallions.