If you’ve been watching the news at all this week (or just know what this time of year brings), you’ll know that Marathon Monday is coming up! That’s right – the Boston Marathon is next week, and one really cool thing about this year is that Stonyfield is the official yogurt sponsor of the 2014 Boston Marathon!
- They’re sending 10 runners who just missed the cut off due to this year’s large amount of sign ups
- They’re handing out hundreds of thousands of cups of organic yogurt on race day – to runners, their families, volunteers, etc.
- They’re giving away a bunch of healthy living themed prizes including a year long gym membership on the day of the marathon – simply tweet or instagram #StonyfieldSuperFan
Exciting, right? I think it’s great – especially that they’re sending runners that missed the cut off and handing out healthy snacks.
As part of the Clean Plate Club, I’m sharing how Stonyfield Greek helps me through the marathon of life.
Some days, being an adult stinks.
The bills, the jobs, the errands, all the responsibilities. It’s easy to get overwhelmed between deadlines and traffic and daily commutes and the price of gas and the horrible stories on the news. We get excited about things like new vacuums. What would my teenage self think about that?
Between our 35 minute drive to and from work every day, dealing with house stuff like leaky sinks (twice in the past 2 weeks – seriously?!), dishes, laundry, cooking meals, prepping stuff for lunches, and trying to keep the house somewhat put together….it gets tough sometimes.
And those times, I just need a few things.
1. to take a couple deep breaths.
2. to sit for a few minutes and open up a book or magazine or turn off the computer and watch one of my favorite movies.
3. to make sure my fridge / pantry is stocked with good, healthy food.
One thing we love is having greek yogurt, ready and waiting. I love plain (I like to doctor it up myself), Nick likes the flavored ones for lunches and snacks.
But my favorite way to use it? Either in baking (or non-baking), smoothies, and treats. Greek yogurt is such a great healthy swap for recipes, and it can be used in sweet or savory ways!
Some of my favorite recipes using greek yogurt:
What do you do to help get yourself through the crazy days? I’ll take any tips you’ve got!
Make sure to join in Monday and tweet/instagram with #StonyfieldSuperFan to enter to win some fun prizes!