First – have any of you been using the My Migraine Triggers app? I’ve still been tracking, keeping it up with this year, and I’ve barely had any migraines! There have been a few bad headaches, but nothing like my normal migraines. Tracking things like food, drinks, and activity has definitely helped me figure out some things that could trigger migraines or make them hang around longer. I’m loving it!
Like me, I’m sure you all look forward to the sights, smells, foods, drinks, and holiday spirit this time of year. But sometimes the things we love the most about the holidays could trigger headaches or migraines. That’s why the makers of Excedrin® Migraine are inviting you to “Take a Holiday from Headaches” by following these simple steps, thanks to Dr. Keri Peterson, M.D.:
To help avoid your triggers:
- Stick to your regular routine as much as possible. Eating, sleeping and exercising as you do the rest of the year can help reduce the chances of getting a migraine.
- Manage your time and plan ahead. Coordinate plans and responsibilities in advance with relatives and friends, set menus when hosting a party, and try to get your shopping done early so you’re not rushing at the last minute.
- Stay in ventilated spaces. As you browse through the mall, watch out for those scented candles or perfume if you are sensitive to smells.
- Eat and drink in moderation. Definitely eat, drink, and be merry, but try not to consume sweets or alcoholic beverages (or anything, really) in excess, since they can trigger migraines.
Holiday time can also mean lots of traveling (that’s a constant for us – we’re always on the road), so be sure to carry Excedrin® Migraine with you when you’re on the go for fast relief if one hits while you’re in the car or airport.
To help make sure you’re prepared for the holiday season, I’ve got two$100 AmEx gift cards to give away!
To enter the giveaway:
– Tell me your favorite thing about the holiday season. Cookies? The lights? Caroling in the snow? I want to know!
For extra entries:
– Tell me something about the holiday season that causes you stress, and possibly headaches
– Like Excedrin on Facebook and let me know you did
– Like BranAppetit on Facebook and let me know you did
– Tweet about the giveaway and let me know you did
FB link: http://on.fb.me/1b2G7OB
BONUS! With all of the stress that can come with the holidays, the makers of Excedrin® are hoping to help alleviate some! Visit Facebook.com/Excedrin between November 1, 2013 and January 1, 2014 to enter the “Take a Holiday from Headaches” sweepstakes, where you’ll be eligible for a chance to win daily prizes including gift cards to popular retailers and one lucky grand prize of $25,000 to help with shopping, travel and other holiday expenses – all of which can give anyone a headache.
I am a paid Excedrin ® Migraine blog ambassador. Along with compensation, three giveaways were provided by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., the makers of Excedrin® Migraine; my journey for a migraine-free experience is my own.