My first migraine showed up when I was sitting in my Travel and Tourism class in high school (aka, the best class ever). Being a self-diagnosed mild hypochondriac, I was convinced that it was a brain tumor. It probably didn’t help that the last book I had read for English class was Death Be Not Proud, about a 17 year old boy with a brain tumor. Overreact much? If you don’t the answer to this….you don’t know me well enough yet.
Thankfully, it wasn’t a tumor. But I went through weeks of these migraines, coming on suddenly in the middle of class when the lights and sounds and commotion were just too much to handle. After those first few weeks of the migraines popping up every couple of days, my mom took me to see the doctor to get something that would help (and to rule out my brain tumor theory). They gave me some Excedrin Migraine and put my nerves at ease with the whole tumor situation.
And while I know it wasn’t my Travel and Tourism class that gave me my migraines (I LOVED that class!), so many other factors in that building were contributors: the bright fluorescent lights, the noise in the classrooms and hallways, stress over homework or my current crush…you name it, I’m sure it helped bring them on.
Did you know?
- According to a recent survey by the makers of Excedrin®, 69% of parents, who have at least one child in school this coming year, say they are excited for their child’s first day of school. But that doesn’t change the fact that 44% of parents also say they expect to get a headache during the back to school season.
- More than one-third of parents* cite getting themselves (41%) and their children (43%) back on a schedule at the top of the list of things that might cause their headaches during the back to school season. I can understand that one. Getting back on a schedule and back into habits is tough.
- In addition, more than one-third (35%) of parents* say shopping for school supplies might give them a headache. With all the pencils, folders and notebooks, we should all remember to put Excedrin® on our back to school shopping list!
- According to a recent survey by the makers of Excedrin®, a large majority of parents (85%) think their schools are in need of new or upgraded supplies such as pencils and paper and computers or software and gym/sporting equipment. And that’s because with every purchase of Excedrin®, parents can enter for a chance to win $10,000 for their child’s school.
Want to win? To enter the “Help Your School Excel with Excedrin” sweepstakes and have the chance to be one of the five lucky winners, parents simply need to visit Facebook.com/Excedrin.
The “Help Your School Excel with Excedrin” Sweepstakes: August 15 – September 15, so make sure to go enter!
And to help get you in the right frame of mind for the Back-To-School season, I’ve got a giveaway, too!
This month’s giveaway package is meant to help you stay organized, hydrated and migraine-free as you adjust to hectic schedules and spend increasing amounts of time on-the-go.
To help with this, we’ve got:
- a 2013-2014 academic planner and pen
- a magnetic memo board
- an aluminum tumbler.
To enter the giveaway:
- Tell me your best tip for making an easy transition back-to-school
For extra entries:
- Like Excedrin on Facebook and let me know you did
- Like BranAppetit on Facebook and let me know you did
- Tweet about the giveaway and let me know you did