My name is Brandi, and I’m addicted to breakfast foods.
Or…just put an egg on top of anything and it will probably be one of my new favorite things.
To go along with the easiest non-recipe ever for this olive oil spread, here’s one of my newest favorite breakfasts (and lunches!).
Even when I have great leftovers in the fridge, I will almost always reach for eggs for lunch on the days that I’m home. They’re quick and easy and it makes me feel like I get a second chance at breakfast, which is always the best meal anyway. Two breakfasts is never a bad thing.
I’ve done this with hummus on the toast with the olive oil spread (good idea), with tons of hot sauce on top (really good idea) and with bacon under that avocado (the BEST idea). But as long as you have toast, olive oil spread, avocado, and some runny eggs, you’re set.
Egg, Avocado, and Olive Oil Toast
- 2 slices of bread (or 1 bun or english muffin), toasted
- 2 tsp olive oil spread
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or smashed with a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, cooked how you like ‘em (fried, over easy, scrambled, etc)
- salt + pepper
- Spread a tsp of the olive oil spread on each piece of toasted bread.
- Top the bread with your sliced or smashed avocado and your eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.