There’s just something about a good smoothie that makes me really happy.
I’m not sure what it is, but you can definitely tell the difference between a good smoothie and a bad smoothie. You know the ones. The smoothies that taste like water or that aren’t completely blended and you wish it was a milkshake instead. It’s okay. We’ve all had them…I know I’ve made them!
The great thing about smoothies is that the more you make, the better you get at making good ones. I’ve figured out what fruit combos I love and which ones I will never make again. I’ve pretty much made the switch over to all almond milk in my smoothies and will never go back.
And I love trying new mixes, especially when I find new yogurt flavors to use.
Stonyfield just came out with their new Blends yogurts, which is their organic yogurt blended with fresh fruit pieces and fruit purees. The new Blends yogurts are thicker and creamier than your typical fat free yogurt, and they don’t have that tell-tale tang of Greek Yogurt which is perfect for me in smoothies!
I love yogurt, I love greek yogurt, I love it all – but I do not love super tangy smoothies, so these are my favorite new thing.
And to blend (sorry – I had to) to everything up, I got to use my new Blendtec blender to test these out! My health master blender died a few months ago, so I’ve been dreaming of a blender like this. It’s seriously a power tool you get to keep in the kitchen.
There’s a smoothie button, plus buttons and settings for soups, sauces, etc, and they stop when they’re done – no hands required!
I was so excited to christen the blender this weekend with this new mix – a Blueberry Orange Smoothie. It’s a winner! And will probably be breakfast tomorrow.
Blueberry Orange Smoothie
Makes: 1 smoothie
- 1 container Stonyfield Blends Blueberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Pour the yogurt, milk, orange juice, and blueberries into a blender and turn on, letting it run 2-4 minutes until the mixture is smooth and all the berries have been blended into the smoothie.
- Serve immediately.
Want to win your own stash of Stonyfield Blends yogurt coupons AND a Blendtec Blender to whip your favorite smoothies?
- Like Stonyfield on Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you did
- Sign up for the Blendtec Recipe of the Week here and let me know you did
- Tweet about the giveaway using #StonyfieldBlends and let me know
For more entries:
- Tell me your favorite smoothie mixture – berries? oranges? more of a milkshake lover? Spill it.
- Follow Stonyfield on Twitter, Pinterest
- Follow Blendtec on Twitter, Pinterest
Stonyfield provided me with the yogurt and blender to try out – and they’re providing the coupons and blender to the winner. All recipes and opinions are my own.