You know how kids get stuck on a book or movie and become completely obsessed with it? Right now, my nephew is hooked on Caillou and The Lorax…and I’m hooked on It’s Complicated and frozen hot chocolate.
I thought we grew out of that addictive / obsessive habit with books or movies or foods, but I definitely haven’t. I’m either completely in love with something or just not interested. There’s not really any middle ground in my mind.
So when I made that skinny frozen hot chocolate a few weeks ago, I loved it so much that I immediately made a batch of Coconut Frozen Hot Chocolate. Like, minutes after I made the first batch. I just couldn’t wait.
The best part about these frozen hot chocolates is that I can still have that hot chocolate taste without it being hot. Because our winter is still not very cold. Not yet, anyway. And until we have some chillier weather or some snow, I’m sticking with this frozen version.
Skinny Coconut Frozen Hot Chocolate
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1 cup ice
- 4 tbsp Ovaltine Rich Chocolate (or Chocolate Malt flavor)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 tbsp fat free whipped topping (optional)
- shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- Pour the milk and ice into your blender. Add in the ovaltine, cocoa powder, coconut extract and whipped topping (optional – you could also leave this for the top instead).
- Blend 3-4 minutes until the ice is completely chopped and the mixture is thick and icy.
- Pour into two glasses, top with coconut, and serve immediately.