We can go ahead and assume that these will be a major part of my diet until the end of 2012. Sorry, jeans.
I didn’t want to make these little oreo bites that everyone and their mother makes. I wanted to do something different, I wanted to resist, I wanted to boycott them…but I got sucked in.
How are you supposed to say no to these? This idea is one of the easiest things I’ve ever made and they taste like minty little bites of heaven, dipped in chocolate.
And because I am completely in love with anything mint + chocolate, I doubled up on the minty goodness in here. Triple Double Chocolate Mint oreos, mixed with cream cheese, dipped in chocolate, and topped with candy cane dust.
The one good thing about these being so good is that they’re incredibly rich, so that does keep me from eating them by the handful like popcorn, which is what I want to do.
Oreo and Kitchen Play recently teamed up to ask six bloggers, myself included, to “play up dessert with OREO.” And as soon as I saw the Triple Double Mint Chocolate Oreos, I knew what I was making.
Want to join in the Oreo Fun, too? It’s easy – to enter, simply recreate any OREO dessert from this Kitchen PLAY event or come up with your own. Post about it on your site and provide a link to that post in the comments on this Kitchen PLAY page. Multiple entries are allowed, as long as a separate OREO dessert post is created for each entry – so get cooking! You can make all the Oreo desserts your heart desires and win your own prize pack worth $70 (including a gorgeous holiday bowl set and candy dipper).
Once you pop, you just can’t stop…
Double Mint Oreo Truffles
Makes: 40-50 bites
- 1 package mint-cream filled oreos
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips (white, semi-sweet, or a mix if you want both)
- 1 tsp neutral oil (like canola or safflower)
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- Place all the oreos in the bowl of a food processor and turn it on. Let the machine run until the oreos are ground and there are no large chunks of cookie left.
- Add the cream cheese to the oreos and turn it on again, letting it process until the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese are mixed together and have formed a ball of dough.
- Put the oreo mixture in a bowl and let it chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Scoop about 1 Tbsp of the oreo mixture from the bowl, roll it into a ball, and repeat until all the truffle fillings are ready to dip.
- Pour your chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in the teaspoon of oil.
- Drop a truffle into the melted chocolate, roll it around with a spoon or fork to cover it completely, and then lift it out of the bowl on a fork or slotted spoon to let the extra chocolate drip off.
- Place the chocolate-dipped candy on parchment paper and repeat with the rest of the truffles. While the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle a bit of the crushed candy cane on the top of each truffle.
- Serve once the chocolate has set.
This post was sponsored by OREO and KitchenPLAY. All opinions are my own.