A few weeks back I was lucky to be able to attend the DOLE Bananas Summit hosted by my friends at DOLE. Like any trip I take out of this tiny airport, I left super early and headed to Anaheim to the Grand California Hotel at Disneyland to learn all about bananas.
And honestly, this was my first time – ever – at Disney Land. And I was so excited about everything that I didn’t take any pictures – I’m so upset with myself! This happens a lot, though. If I’m overwhelmed or just busy thinking about something else, my camera is the first thing I leave behind. Not the best habit for a blogger, huh?
After a day of all things bananas we ventured out into the park! After years of hearing about the legendary DOLE Whip, I was so excited to finally try it in the Tiki Room. It was all I had hoped for – cool, creamy, and tart from the pineapple.
But back to the bananas. I know you guys are smart – I don’t need to tell you how healthy and delicious bananas are. Even I knew that going into this trip.
But I learned so many fun tips on this trip that I had to share! Who knows – you may need these answers one day for Jeopardy:
- You can rub a banana peel on your poison ivy or bug bites and to stop the itching
- You can polish your teeth OR shoes with a banana peel! Crazy, right?
- If you grill a banana until it the entire peel is black, remove the peel, you can smash the melty, grilled banana on a graham cracker with a piece of chocolate for a twist on a classic s’more.
- If you separate your bananas once you’re home from the store, they will last longer
- It’s easier to peel a banana from the bottom than from the top – even monkeys do it this way!
- When you put a frozen banana through a YONANAS machine you get a frozen treat that tastes just like soft serve ice cream, without the fat!
After lunch one day, we got to try out the Yonanas machine for ourselves and make a sweet treat.
My choice? Frozen banana with blueberries and some chocolate syrup. It tasted just as good as soft serve and is so much healthier! Now that you can make your own Yonanas at home, there’s no reason not to have “ice cream” every night after dinner.
And lucky for you, I’ve got one Yonanas Machine to giveaway, thanks to my friends at Dole.
To Enter: Leave a comment telling me what topping you would try on your Yonanas first!
Good Luck! I think you guys will love your Yonanas machine just as much as we do.
My trip was compliments of Dole. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be. Dole provided me with a yonanas machine and is providing one reader a machine as well.