I think I’ve told you guys the story of how my migraines started, but, just for kicks (and to also prove that I am, in fact, a hypochondriac), I’ll tell it again.
I started getting migraines in high school during my sophomore year. These horrible, horrible headaches would come out of nowhere, leaving me with my head down on my desk, not able to look at the lights or stand loud noises. Trying to get through the school day was virtually impossible, so I ended up leaving school every few weeks for a day or two because of the migraines. Of course, being overly dramatic (as most kids are in high school), I was sure I had a brain tumor. There was no other explanation.
When my mom took me to the doctor, we confirmed that it was not, in fact, a brain tumor, but migraines. Thankfully, I’ve never had them so bad that I’ve been physically ill, but migraines are no joke. They can be completely debilitating and aren’t easy to get rid of. I still get migraines every few months, and the only thing that works for me is Excedrin Migraine. I’ve tried prescriptions and other pain pills, but Excedrin Migraine is what I’ve been using since high school to keep them at bay.It’s also the #1 neurologist recommended over-the-counter brand for migraine relief was the first non-prescription medicine approved by the FDA to treat all the symptoms of a migraine.
And I know I’m not the only one that deals with migraines on a regular basis.
So when I was asked to be part of the Excedrin Migraine Blogger Program as an Ambassador, I couldn’t say yes fast enough. I know this has nothing to do with food, but since I deal with migraines regularly, I know how painful they can be, and I wanted to be able to help other sufferers find ways to manage their own.
The makers of Excedrin® Migraine developed a new app, My Migraine Triggers TM, with a leading neurologist that is available for free on iTunes. With this app, migraine sufferers can track their migraine triggers and gather the data put into reports and charts that can be easily shared with physicians. According to a recent survey from the makers of Excedrin® Migraine, a large majority of women who suffer from migraines agree that with a better understanding of their triggers (90%) and the right tools to track their triggers and symptoms (83%), they can better manage an attack.
As part of the Ambassador Program, I’m testing out the My Migraine Triggers app for the next few weeks to track and figure out possible triggers and how to help manage my migraines.
If you suffer from migraines, too, check out the app! I love it so far – it’s very easy to use and keeps me thinking about possible triggers now throughout the day.
To help send some relief your way, Excedrin is offering up 2 relief kits for you guys, too!
Enter for a chance to win your own Excedrin Migraine Relief Kit – I’ve got 2 Relief Kits up for grabs!
Each Kit comes with:
- Blue Sleep Mask – This plush and luxurious Sleep Mask is specially designed with an extraordinary soft combination of cotton and silk that is very easy on delicate eyes and skin. Very effective in blocking out distracting light and visual stimuli.
- Coby Red High-Performance Isolation Stereo Earphones – In-ear isolation design blocks background noise so user can experience music without distraction. Aluminum housing delivers durability performance in a lightweight package. These headphones have high-definition 10mm neodymium drivers that produce pounding bass.
- Nelly Herbal Eye Pack – These marvelous Nelly Eye Packs are filled with 100% natural material. The gentle weight of this eye pack naturally eases tired eyes. The scents of Lavender and Chamomile help you relax, while the therapeutic moist heat can be used to help alleviate the discomfort of sore throats, earaches, arthritis, colds hands or feet, sinus problems, menstrual cramps and back pain.
- iTunes Gift Card – $15 to spend in the iTunes store on music, apps, television shows and movies.
- 22 Oz. Guzzy Filter Water Bottle – 22 oz. Tritan copolyester bottle – BPA free. Made with NASA technology using a revolutionary filter system that removed parasites and reduces bacteria. Filter attaches to screw on flip and flow lid. Filter is good for up to 120 fills – replacements available. Lifetime Guarantee.
- Cyber Gel® HGX Stress Ball – Oversize 2 1/4″ diameter semi-solid gel with recycled materials. Antimicrobial properties built-in to protect the product from odors & stains.
To Enter: Answer any (or all) of the following questions.
- What’s your most effective way to get rid of a migraine?
- What methods do you use to track your triggers?
- Do your current tracking methods and tools work?
- Do you have a good way to share the data with your doctors?
Visit the Migraine Center to hear from other migraine sufferers, share tips and access free information to help better manage migraines.
I am an Excedrin® Migraine brand ambassador. One iPod Touch to test the app was provided by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., the makers of Excedrin® Migraine; my journey for a migraine-free experience is my own.