It’s no bake time again. I really think this is turning into a problem.
All I want is to NOT turn on my oven when it comes to sweets now. Or, really, to not turn the oven on for anything.
After the monster cookie dough bites turned out so well, I knew I wanted to try a version with almond meal instead of flour.
Of course, when I went to make these, I found out that I was completely out of chocolate chips, so I threw in a handful of mini m&ms instead. The almond, coconut, and chocolate mix is almost like an almond joy…but not quite. I think if you dipped these in chocolate, that would make them even more delicious, but I wanted to keep these a little bit healthier.
Not too much butter, not too much sugar, and no flour at all!
Plus, thanks to the magic of the almond flour, they somehow taste just a little bit like cake batter. How does this happen? A normal handful of almonds doesn’t taste like cake – how does almond meal do that?
These little bites are perfect to keep in the fridge for quick snacks when you’re running out the door or when need a fast dessert or….something to throw in your yogurt in the morning.
That’s definitely a good idea.
Almond Coconut No Bake Cookie Bites
Makes: about 40 bites
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup mini m&ms or chocolate chips
- Beat the softened butter with the sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix the yogurt and vanilla into the sugar mixture until everything is blended
- Add the salt, baking soda, almond meal, and quick oats and mix together. Dump in the m&ms and mix just until the chocolate is evenly mixed into the dough.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of dough at a time, roll it into a ball, and place it on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Put the baking sheet in the fridge and let the dough bites chill for at least 30 minutes before eating.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.