Living with a boy can be hard sometimes.
I mean, I love Nick. He’s my best friend, he makes me laugh every day, he’s got the bluest eyes I’ve ever seen, and he can fix anything around the house. He makes up the best parody songs on the way to work. I’m pretty sure he missed his calling as a jingle singer. Basically, I would be incredibly bored without him in my life.
But boys make meal time hard. I know he needs to eat more than I do, but I still guess wrong when I’m trying to figure out how much of something I’ll need to make.
And I always, always use way less cheese than he would like. It’s just the way it is.
A few weeks ago, I figured out a good way to make pimiento cheese spread without all the mayo and we had a little extra in the fridge. Instead of eating it like normal, I thought of something that I knew Nick would love and it would be something different than just regular old spiced baked chicken.
I figured out something very important that night. Any kind of cheese baked on chicken is one meal that will make just about any man happy.
The best thing about this is that it didn’t take any more time than baking the chicken plain. Even if you don’t already have the pimiento cheese mixed up, it only takes a few minutes, so it’s still a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights.
Chicken, cheese, and 30 minutes and you’ve got dinner on the table!
Pimiento Cheese Baked Chicken
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- heaping 1/2 cup homemade no mayo pimiento cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the chicken breast into 6 equal pieces, or as close as possible, so that the chicken bakes evenly.
- Place the chicken in a broiler-safe baking dish or baking pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 rounded tablespoons of the pimiento cheese and spread out to cover the top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken at 375 for 20-25 minutes until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through.
- Broil the chicken 3-5 minutes until the cheese is beginning to bubble and brown. Serve warm.