Sometimes, coming up with “guy food” is hard.
There are some nights that I would be fine to just have a salad or little snack plate, call it dinner, and be done. No turning the oven on. No pots and pans to clean. Easy.
But that usually doesn’t go over well with the other half of the house. Dinner needs to be bigger. More food. And have some kind of meat, most of the time, to keep him full for longer than 10 minutes.
So in the middle of my stand-in-front-of-the-fridge-and-try-to-figure-something-out-for-dinner routine the other night….I had the best idea.
You know when you have those food ideas and think “why didn’t I think of this before?” and “This is genius!” That’s what happened with these.
Grilled chicken, parmesan, mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and pepperoni, all melted and tucked into a crispy tortilla.
He was happy. I was happy. These are crazy easy to make and take minutes to put together – plus, Bonus!, you can make it however you want and don’t have to share with anyone.
Chicken and Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas
Makes: 2 quesadillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced thin
- 3-4 roasted tomatoes OR rehydrated sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 12 slices pepperoni
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Once the oil is warmed, about 2 minutes, add one tortilla to the pan and top the tortilla with 1/2 cup of parmesan and 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- Scatter half of the chicken, tomatoes, and pepperoni onto one half of the tortilla.
- When the cheese has started to melt on the tortilla, fold it in half, covering your fillings, and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the quesadilla over and crisp up the tortilla on the other side, cooking for another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, slice and serve. Repeat with the second tortilla.