Welcome to the week of pie dough in our house.
And Happy Hunger Games.
I know I was way behind on both things but our house has been completely about pie crust and the Hunger Games for the past week.
I read the Hunger Games in a day and both Catching Fire and Mockingjay in less than 48 hours, finished the trilogy last night, and my head is so confused right now.
Sad that I finished them. Still trying to figure out every twist and turn in the plot.
I’m pretty sure I need a book club because I need someone to talk to about everything that happened.
The games, the trickery, the lies, the truths, the deaths, the sacrifices, the loves.
Real or not real?
I have no idea right now. My head is still in Panem.
Between baking pies and flipping pages, we had these little bites.
They didn’t last long – these actually didn’t even last 12 hours.
They’re poppable little snacks. Buttery, tangy, and sweet, wrapped up in one bite.Turns out cream cheese and nutella are a pretty good match together.
Cream Cheese Nutella Pie Rolls
Makes: 45-50 rolls
- 1 batch of pie crust dough (make half this recipe)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the pie crust dough out until it’s about 1/8″ thick, around the same thickness you would want if you were making a normal pie.
- Spread the cream cheese down the center of the dough and spread out, carefully, so you don’t rip the dough.
- Top the cream cheese with the Nutella.
- Roll up the dough like you would if you were making cinnamon rolls.
- Slice the dough into 1/2-inch rounds and place cut side up on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the dough is golden.