Sometimes I feel weird typing up recipes like this.
I mean, does anyone other than me need a tried-and-true, no fail recipe for something as simple as a baked potato?
I’m embarrassed to say that I didn’t know how to do this when I got married. Ridiculous, right?
I could make a mean boxed mac’n’cheese, but my baked potatoes weren’t always good.
After almost 8 years of being in the kitchen, my potatoes are finally fluffy, cooked all the way through, and crispy on the outside.
I’m still working on other things like layer cakes, cooking pork without seriously drying it out, and cupcake decorating, but the potatoes are done!
The Best Baked Potatoes
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- butter, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes with water to remove any loose dirt. Pierce the potato all over with the tines of a fork, then rub with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour – 1 hour 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to the touch and you can easily slide a fork or knife into the side.
- Remove from the oven and let the potatoes cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes down the middle, then pinch the ends with your fingers to fluff the potato.
- Top with butter.