I don’t know about you, but this week has been a doozy for me.
Taxes, freaking out about my lottery tickets, craziness at work, finally weeding our strawberry beds. It’s been crazy – in good and bad ways.
But the weekend starts now.
I don’t like waiting until 5 pm on Friday to start my weekend. Friday day needs excitement, too.
Put on those jeans with a fabulous top if you have casual Fridays.
Throw a few chocolate chips on your oatmeal or grab a pastry from your favorite bakery.
Cake for breakfast? Totally okay on Fridays.
Cake in your coffee?
I’m working on it.
Are you one of those people that likes coffee with dessert? I definitely am. Not always, but on weekends OR at fancy dinners, I love having a hot cup of coffee with rich desserts.
This creamer may be favorite so far. My house smelled like german chocolate cake…and I definitely drank some on its own. It makes an awesome hot chocolate, too!
German Chocolate Coffee Creamer
Makes: about 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup half and half or cream
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp pecans
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, stir together the cocoa powder, agave nectar, water, and salt until the cocoa is dissolved into the water and agave.
- Once the mixture is smooth, stir in the cream, milk, coconut, and pecans and heat over low until the mixture is warm and bubbles are beginning to form around the edge of the pan.
- Remove the pan from heat and strain the milk, removing the pecans and coconut.
- Let the creamer cool for 10-15 minutes before pouring into an air-tight container. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
*Note: This creamer will separate a little bit in the fridge – chocolate layer on the bottom, cream on top. Give it a good shake before using.