Coffee is: toasty. caramel-y. warm. a waker-upper. the best morning routine. necessary for breakfast. complex. simple.
Coffee should always be with:
chocolate. dessert, always. brownies. cake. toffee. breakfast. brunch. snack breaks. people you love. new friends.
It seems that making coffee creamers is becoming a new routine here.
Confession: I didn’t even like flavored coffee creamers – ever – in my morning cup until I started making my own.
I think it was the artificial hazelnut flavor that turned me off to flavored creamers at some point. But now? Making my own?
I am in love.
And now…warm and toasty cinnamon pecan creamer. I’m bringing the south to your coffee, ya’ll.
If you want your house to smell like warm pecan pie, just heat this creamer on the stove top. For even more flavor, swap out your regular cinnamon for some roasted saigon cinnamon (the best!) and add a drop or two of vanilla, just because.
I’m telling you. Once you make creamer at home, you’ll never need storebought again.
Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Creamer
Makes: 1 cup creamer
- 1 cup milk or a mix of milk and cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar, honey, or sugar
- 1 Tbsp pecans
- In a small pot over medium heat, mix the milk with the cinnamon, salt, agave, and pecans. Bring the mixture to a simmer, just until the milk is beginning to bubble and is heated through.
- Remove the pan from heat and strain the milk, removing the pecans.
- Pour into an air-tight container. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
PS: The randomly selected winner of the Scharffen Berger chocolate is…
Not sucking up here at all, but Scharffen Berger is my favorite chocolate. And it is so difficult to find anything other than the little squares here!!
Congrats Julie! Looks like the non-sucking up helped tempt fate – email me and your chocolate will be on its way!