You would think, after a weekend of being with food bloggers and eating my way through Disney, that I would be done with food for a few days. Over it.
But the opposite happens. Because somehow – and maybe because I’m a girl and just talk a lot with friends – I barely eat at these conferences. I’m always catching up with old friends or making new ones and whenever I get home, I realize that I’m starving. And have been for the last 3 days.
This weekend was no different.
Food Blog Forum was incredible – I can’t even put it into words yet. But in between the sessions, the chatting, and the round tables, I feel like I barely ate anything. Maybe the adrenaline and excitement just burns off food faster?
All I know is I was starving by Saturday night.
And I woke up to a growling stomach this morning.
Thankfully, we had a few things in the fridge – enough for coffee and breakfast, anyway, so I’m slowly getting back into the normal routine around here.
Being around all the incredible desserts we had this weekend definitely made me even more excited to share these cookies.
Did you know? This week is American Chocolate Week.
Like we need another reason to eat good chocolate.
If you need a new reason, you need to check out Scharffen Berger’s new Extra Rich Milk Chocolate bar. I’m normally a dark chocolate girl, but this bar is the smoothest milk chocolate I’ve ever had.
As soon as Nick and I tasted it, I broke off a section to hide so I could use it in these cookies. I knew if I didn’t, I wouldn’t get any more of it before he finished it – and I was right.
These cookies are full of chocolate.
All Scharffen Berger. All ridiculously good.
These are not for the faint of heart. They’re also not light and crispy like a chocolate chip cookie. These cookies are dense and thick and rich and they have the texture of a super fudgy brownie batter with 5 kinds of chocolate mixed in.
Yup, 5 kinds of chocolate. I don’t mess around when it comes to chocolate.
There’s no better way to start out American Chocolate Week than with these cookies – I promise.
Chocolate Overdose Fudge Cookies
Inspired by my Brownie Cookies
Makes: About 3.5 dozen cookies
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 4.5 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp brewed coffee
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 oz. milk chocolate
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat the bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate with the cocoa powders and butter for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes on high in the microwave, until almost melted, stirring halfway through.
- When the chocolate and butter mixture is smooth, stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla and coffee, mixing well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and broken up chocolate.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cooking sheets.
- Bake 11-12 minutes or until set; do not overbake.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a rack.
Want to win your own Scharffen Berger chocolate?
In celebration of American Chocolate Week, Scharffen Berger is offering one lucky winner (U.S. based addresses only please) the full collection of eight Scharffen Berger chocolate bars (SRP $40). The bars range from 41% Extra Rich Milk to 82% Extra Dark and Milk with Sea-Salted Almonds to Dark Nibby.
To enter – just leave me a comment telling me your favorite chocolate!
Good luck – I’ll pick the winner this Thursday, March 22!