I’ve been tagged.
And you know how these things work. If you don’t do them, you’ll have bad luck or your wishes won’t come true or the world will…end. Right?
So now it’s my turn to tell you some random stuff about myself and let you see the dorkier side of me. I’m not kidding about this – I’m the kid that used to make up my own word searches and crossword puzzles…and then do them myself. For fun.
Anyway – the rules!
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post (I used a mix of Emily and Heather’s questions).
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
- I daydream / have conversations with myself all day long. Every day. I realize this makes me sound a little crazy – it’s just what I do.
- My favorite show of all time is I Love Lucy. I also want her entire wardrobe from the show.
- I know every single line of the movie Tommy Boy and can finish any scene if someone quotes it.
- Same goes for Superstar. I love that movie so much that I dressed up as Mary Catherine Gallagher one year for Halloween. It was the best Halloween ever.
- I was in chorus from 6th grade through my first year college and miss it terribly.
- Every time we eat a can of our green beans from this summer, I am equally happy and sad because the shelves are slowly getting bare.
- I write and use utensils with my left hand, but throw, catch, and use scissors with my right.
- I have an extremely low resting blood pressure and fainted all the time when I was in middle and high school. Fun? I also fainted at a Jars of Clay concert and years later at a Jason Mraz show.
- My eyesight is horrible. Without contacts or glasses, I can’t see more than 15-20 feet away.
- When I was 16, I was mistaken for a runaway and was almost taken by the police down on the strip at Virginia Beach. They had to call my parents, on the sidewalk, to make sure I wasn’t lying.
- My first ever “boyfriend” sang “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams to me over the phone.
11 Questions for me:
1. How many states have you lived in? How many have you visited?
I’ve lived in 2 states: Virginia and Arkansas (for 2.5 years when I was in school). I’ve visited Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, Ohio, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Missouri, California, and Oregon – 16.
2. If you had to change careers tomorrow, what new job would you want to do?
Tie: Writer and baker and coffee drinker.
3. What physical attribute do you love most about yourself?
I love my eyes, even though I didn’t get my dad’s baby blues. And I have 3 little freckles on my cheek that look just like Orion’s belt to me.
4. If you could get paid to do anything in the world without worrying about being realistic, what would you do? I supposed normal people would refer to this as a dream job.
Reading. Not editing, not reporting on the books, not critiquing anything. Just….reading. Laying in my favorite chair, wrapped up in a blanket, and reading. Every day.
5. You can only live one place for the rest of your life and it can’t be anywhere you’ve lived before. Where would it be?
6. If you were a celebrity, what would you be famous for?
Either writing (are writers considered celebrities?) or singing.
7. If you got to be on any game show you wanted, which one would it be?
Supermarket Sweep – no contest.
8. If you could name yourself, what name would you chose?
Growing up, I always wanted the name Alex. I don’t know why. I didn’t even know anyone named Alex.
9. What’s your biggest fear?
Not figuring out what it is I’m meant to do or be.
10. Roller blades or skates?
11. You can fly anywhere in the world to eat one item of food. Where do you go and what do you eat?
Considering that it was one of the best meals of my life, I would go back to Valencia, Spain for a midday feast of paella, bread, and wine. With espresso to finish. And then a siesta.
My 11 questions for You!
1. What movie can you watch over and over again, no matter how many times you’ve seen it?
2. What’s your favorite band right now?
3. If someone made a movie of your life, who would you want to play you?
4. One food you wouldn’t eat as a kid that you love now?
5. Last book you read?
6. What is your favorite memory from high school?
7. If you could have a dinner party and invite 5 people (famous or not), who would you invite and why?
8. Scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
9. What song is stuck in your head right now?
10. Quirkiest thing about you that most people don’t know – go!
11. What do you love about yourself?
Better get to answering before the bad luck hits!
PS: I am lame sometimes. I totally picked the winner of the Wasa prize last week and totally forgot to announce it! Then, I didn’t even turn on my computer this weekend (it was bliss) so I’m WAY behind on this.
The winner of the Wasa prize pack is…
I love buffalo wings!
Congrats, Hope! Please email me (branappetit [at] gmail) and we’ll get your prize on its way!
Give me one random thing about you so I don’t feel so nerdy. Please?