Another 5 minute recipe!
Since I made a vanilla coffee creamer, the next obvious choice had to be chocolate.
But there were still things I wanted to make sure were in this creamer.
1. It couldn’t be overly sweet.
2. I wanted real cocoa flavor for the chocolate – deep and rich. Not hershey syrup sweet flavor.
3. Chocolate almost always needs a pinch of salt, even in creamer. Best. idea. ever.
This one has one extra step, but making sure the cocoa is completely dissolved into the agave will give you a creamy creamer – so don’t skip it!
Even with the extra step, this coffee creamer still only takes 5 minutes to make.
And so much tastier than any flavored creamer you’ll buy at the store.
Salted Chocolate Coffee Creamer
Makes: a little over 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup half and half or cream
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind)
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, stir together the cocoa powder, agave nectar, water, and salt until the cocoa is dissolved into the water and agave.
- Once the mixture is smooth, pour in the cream and milk, and heat over low until the mixture is warm and bubbles are beginning to form around the edge of the pan.
- Remove from heat and pour into an air-tight container. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
*Note: This creamer will separate a little bit in the fridge – chocolate layer on the bottom, cream on top. Give it a good shake before using.