Got 5 minutes?
Let’s make some coffee creamer!
Most mornings, I take my coffee with just a splash of milk or cream. No flavors, no sugar. Good coffee doesn’t need much of anything.
But sometimes, I do like having a bit of flavor in my cup of joe – it just can’t be too much. I still want to taste the coffee itself, so it can’t be too strong or too sweet.
I usually stick with plain milk or half and half at home, but now that I know how easy it is to mix up my own coffee creamer, I’ll be making them more often.
Bonus! No strange ingredients or artificial colors or words you can’t pronounce. Just milk + cream + agave + vanilla in this mix.
Let’s get started!
Add your milk and cream to a microwave safe dish (or you can heat all this together on the stove top).
Heat it up together with the agave syrup until the agave is dissolved into the milk.
Stir in your vanilla bean paste, pour into a container (with a lid) and chill before serving.
Add as much – or as little – as you want to your coffee or tea or bread pudding custard.
New flavor coming soon!
Vanilla Bean Coffee Creamer
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 and 1/3 cups milk (I used skim; you can use whatever milk you like)
- 2/3 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract or the beans from 1 whole vanilla bean, scraped from the center
- Heat milk, cream, and agave in microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes or heat on stovetop until bubbles form around the edges and the agave is melted and combined into the milk.
- Stir in the vanilla beans.
- Pour into a container and cool before serving. Will keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.