are honest to goodness
rich, chocolatey brownies
that you can dunk in ice cold milk
News flash: I think you need these this week.
Friday is the first of multiple Friday the 13ths this year.
Throw some good luck your way, bake these cookies, and share them – dunk them – with some family and friends.
Makes: 3 dozen cookies
- 4 squares (1 oz each) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Heat the semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate with the cocoa powder and butter for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes on high in the microwave, until almost melted, stirring halfway through.
When the chocolate and butter mixture is smooth, stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Stir in the salt flour, baking powder, chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop rounded teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cooking sheets.
Bake 12 minutes or until set; do not overbake. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a rack.