Day 2 of Cookie Week!
That means only 5 days until Christmas. Are you as freaked out as I am? How is it already here?!?
Yesterday, I helped make 2 batches of cookies, 2 batches of toffee, and watched haystacks being made. It was a ton of fun and I got to spend it with 3 adorable little girls and their awesome mom. We baked, stirred, taste-tested, ate bagel pizzas, and listened to Christmas music (including Hanson – the BEST Christmas album, ever).
Instead of your normal peanut butter-cookies-with-kisses recipe, we made two batches of these mint chocolate crinkle cookies.
Chocolate crinkle cookies, topped with a peppermint kiss – they’re perfect for the holidays.
You could definitely make these crinkle cookies and leave off the peppermint kisses….but why would you?
And if you do leave them off , just don’t tell me.
I can’t imagine these cookies without the red and white striped kisses melted into the top.
Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Makes: 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 24 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Mix cocoa and melted butter and let cool slightly.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the flour, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Beat in the last 1/2 cup of flour.
- Cover and chill the dough about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small bowl or dish, combine powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp cocoa.
- Roll dough into 1” balls, roll in powdered sugar/cocoa mix and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 11-15 minutes until cracked and set around the edges.
- Let cookies sit for about 30 seconds and then place one Hershey’s Candy Cane Kiss on each cookie.
- After another 30 seconds – 1 minute, move cookies to a cooling rack/plate/cutting board to cool.