I tend to go through phases with reading. Either I’m completely smitten and cannot get enough (like right now) or I’m not reading anything more than cookbooks and magazines.
Fall and winter seem to be the time that I really get back into reading books again. When I get home from work and it’s already dark, it’s hard for me to want to do anything else after making dinner, cleaning up, and packing my lunch.
And right now, I’m in the middle of a total reading addiction. I’m reading new books, pulling out some of my old favorites, and still looking for more.
The last books I’ve read were:
the entire Twilight saga, which I read, start to finish, in 5 days. Needless to say, the house was NOT cleaned this weekend because I was paralyzed on the couch with my books.
I don’t think I’ve ever done my top 10 on here, and I thought it would be fun to see how many of you have read these books AND which ones you would have on your Top 10 list!
My all-time (so far) Top 10 Books , ones that I’ve read more than once and read pretty regularly, are:
– Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
– I Am One of You Forever by Fred Chappell
– Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
– The Help by Kathryn Stockett
– Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
– Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
– not a novel, but The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway is incredible
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
– Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
– Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon
So, what’s your top 10?
Any books you’ve read lately I should add to my list? I need new suggestions!