I hate migraines.
Do you get migraines?
I started getting them in high school and – no lie – was convinced I had a brain tumor, they were so bad. Migraines are just the worst – everything makes them hurt even more: light, sound, silence, movement. If you get them bad enough, they can be completely debilitating.
There are 3 things that seem to help me when I get migraines these days:
1. Take out my contacts and put on my glasses.
2. Change into pjs or sweats and curl up with a blanket and cup of tea.
3. Excedrin Migraine. Regular pain medicine just does not do the job when it comes to migraines, and this is the only thing that has worked for me.
A few weeks ago, I was contacted by the team at Excedrin through One2One Network to help spread the word about Excedrin Migraine as one of their blogger ambassadors, and I”m excited to be involved.
Since I get them myself every few months, I know just how bad they are and how much they can interfere with daily life. Migraines are not fun, that’s for sure, and they’re not like a regular old headache. If you’ve never had a real migraine, you just don’t know how bad they can be.
Did you know that migraines can last from 12-48 hours, depending on the intensity and whether or not you take any kind of medication to help with the pain? That’s a long time to have a pounding, searing headache.
While there isn’t one cure that works for everyone, there are some things you can do to help manage your migraines, like:
- Keeping track of your migraines in a diary. This can be useful when you see your doctors if you have a record of when you have them, how bad they are, possible patterns, etc.
- Exercise! Getting exercise, especially aerobic, has been shown to help reduce migraines.
- Drinking plenty of water – it keeps you hydrated, which can help lessen the amount of migraines you have.
- Finding a place to rest when a migraine does start. Try to find a place that calming, peaceful and gives you some quiet and rest away from lots of noise, light, and busyness..
Lucky for you (and me), Excedrin and the team at Novartis Consumer Healthcare are offering Excedrin coupons and relaxation kits to help you get through your migraines, too.
When a migraine sets in, what do you reach for?
Soothing music? Hot tea? A heat wrap or compress?
Whatever you use to help yourself relax, this relaxation kit should have you set.
And not just 1, but 3 people will win this relaxation kit!
- Therapeutic neck wrap that can be heated or frozen (I LOVE these things)
- Swarovski Crystal Ear Bud set to listen to relaxing music
- Soothing eye gel mask
- $15 iTunes gift card to purchase soothing tunes
- $50 American Express gift card for additional stress-free needs (candles, soft pjs, bubble bath, whatever!)
- Foot massager
- Back massager
Whether you get migraines regularly or are just extra stressed around the holidays (like most of us), this may be just what you need.
Leave a comment telling me your favorite way to relax and/or get rid of your migraines if you suffer from them.
I’ll pick the winners on Thursday, December 8th.
For more information about Excedrin and Migraine Prevention and Maintenance,
- Check here to see real migraine stories, and share your tips and suggestions with other sufferers.
- Visit the Migraine Center at www.excedrin.com/migraine for more information on migraine relief
- Visit Excedrin on Facebook for more information
- Click here for a $1 off coupon!
This is a sponsored post, and the migraine relief and relaxation kit were provided by Novartis Consumer Healthcare, the makers of Excedrin® Migraine; my review and personal migraine stories and search for a migraine-free experience is my own.