good living in the fall means:
a hot drink on a cool morning.
sunrise with breakfast.
cuddles from a puppy.
jeans, sweatshirts, and slippers.
football season, warm dinners, wrapping up with blankets.
having a hard, hard time getting out of bed in the mornings because 1. it’ s still dark, 2. there’s a puppy cuddled at your feet, and 3. there’s a husband cuddling you in the warm covers.
the smell of cake, baking away in the oven.
I love baking with yogurt almost as much as I love baking with buttermilk. Yogurt gives that same tangy flavor, giving your breads or muffins or pancakes a fluffy texture that you can’t get using regular milk.
This year has been the year of browned butter, bread baking, and pound cakes for me. I’m obsessed with all three of them and just can’t stop trying new recipes.
I’ve done orange, cookies ‘n’ cream, and confetti. It was time for some pb.
I’m pretty sure peanut butter is a basic human need, right?
I need it on my oatmeal. And I need it in sandwiches. And I need it on a spoon, dipped into the bag of chocolate chips.
If you don’t need peanut butter like I do, you could throw in some of your favorite candy or just a handful of chocolate chips. Peanut butter and chocolate are never a bad idea, so use whatever you have on hand.
Peanut Butter Cup Poundcake
Makes: 10-12 servings
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups (I used white chocolate peanut butter cups)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper or grease and flour pan.
- Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the oil into the batter, and gently stir in the peanut butter cups
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake after a few minutes and let it finish cooling on a rack.
As part of the Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I have been entered for the chance to win a trip to Greece courtesy of FAGE. You too can enter to win one of three trips to Greece by entering the FAGE Plain Extraordinary Greek Getaway here: http://www.fageusa.com/community/fage-greek-getaway