For the past 7 years, Halloween has been one of my favorite holidays.
Thanksgiving will always be my #1, but since Nick and I got married, Halloween has meant 3 things:
1. We eat a piece of candy for almost every piece we hand out.
2. Roxy would always end up in our laps on the porch until the next group of kids came skipping down the road.
3. The entire night was spent sitting with our neighbor, Clayt, and listening to all his stories of growing up in the county.
So on Monday night, I knew that we wouldn’t get to sit with Clayt because of where our new house is. And I knew we wouldn’t see the same kids.
But I got some candy and we sat in the front room watching How I Met Your Mother, ready to hand it out to princesses, pumpkins, and goblins.
And you know what?
We didn’t have any trick-or-treaters.
None. Not one kid!
So now Nick and I have a bowl full of Halloween candy and no new stories from Clayt.
But you know what’s good?
Reese cups dipped in pumpkin dip.
Snickers bars dipped in pumpkin dip.
M&Ms dropped into pumpkin dip and eaten with a spoon.
If you’ve got leftover Halloween candy hanging around or if you just want a fun fall dip, whip this up.
It’s quick, easy, and is even more tasty with gingersnaps, graham crackers, and sliced apples. Or Hershey Bars. I won’t judge.
Makes: About 1 and 1/2 cups
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and yogurt together until smooth.
- Add in the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt, and mix until everything is combined and the dip is creamy and smooth.
- Serve with graham crackers, sliced apples, or gingersnaps.
The first time I made this dip, I used all cream cheese (which is awesome!) but I love the mix of cream cheese and thick greek yogurt in the dip. It has a little more tang, but the texture is still creamy and easy to dip or spread onto crackers, cookies, or fruit.
Using a mix of greek yogurt and cream cheese keeps this dip a bit healthier and pumps up the protein.
Healthier dips for your holiday parties = good living!
As part of the Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I have been entered for the chance to win a trip to Greece courtesy of FAGE. You too can enter to win one of three trips to Greece by entering the FAGE Plain Extraordinary Greek Getaway here: http://www.fageusa.com/community/fage-greek-getaway