My little sister used to make the craziest after school snacks.
The one I remember the most was the one she called her “s’mores plate”.
She put a layer of mini marshmallows down, squirted on some Hershey’s Syrup, added a few dollops of peanut butter, and then put it in the microwave until the chocolate and peanut butter melted and the marshmallows puffed up, swelling and dripping onto each other and everything else.
But yesterday, I saw half a bag of jumbo marshmallows that Nick’s parents brought up last weekend to make s’mores. And I found lots of dark chocolate chips.
And I had the best. idea. ever.
S’mores, but a little less messy.
S’mores, but not on a stick.
S’mores, without me having to light a fire in my backyard at 3 in the afternoon while the high school baseball team is practicing across the street.
S’mores Dip. For graham crackers. For apples. For more chocolate. For whatever you want.
This – this – is a good idea.
Makes: 1-2 servings
- 1 jumbo marshmallow or 3-4 regular marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips
- graham crackers, for dipping
- Place marshmallows and chocolate chips in microwave safe container or bowl.
- Put in microwave and heat, 5-10 seconds at a time, until the chocolate chips begin to melt and the marshmallow softens and is expanding each time you turn the microwave on. Make sure you’re watching it while it’s heating – the marshmallow will completely bubble over if you look away, even for a second.
- Stir the chocolate and marshmallow together a bit, and serve on crackers.