I’ve been racking my brain, trying to come up with the perfect egg recipe to submit to the KitchenPlay Build a Better Breakfast with Eggs contest, and I think I finally have it!
PS: Thanks for my new plates, Mrs. Tomko! I love them both!
Nick and I love eggs – scrambled, fried, poached…we’ll eat them just about any way you can make them.
So when The American Egg Board offered a year’s worth of eggs(!) to six lucky bloggers, just for posting their favorite way to have eggs, I had to enter!
A free year of eggs? I can’t even imagine.
I had a hard time choosing my favorite way to have eggs.
But when you put them with homemade biscuits, they’re hard to beat.
So I made homemade whole wheat yogurt biscuits this morning and then put everything together for a fun open-faced egg sandwich.
Best Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 homemade biscuit, split
- 2 Tbsp hummus, any flavor
- small handful spinach
- 1-2 eggs, cooked until set
- Split biscuit (toast if room temperature).
- Place biscuit halves on plate and spread each half with hummus.
- Put spinach on top of hummus.
- Cook egg in pan with salt and pepper until set.
- Split egg into two pieces and top biscuits with eggs.
- Enjoy for breakfast OR for lunch, like I did.
What are your favorite ways to have eggs?
The Coconut Water Vinegar winner is…
Congrats Kat! Send your info to branappetit[at]gmail, and your vinegar will be on its way!