Then recipes started floating around and I remembered just how good they were. Plus, Danica has them all the time and it’s just not fair ; ) Every time I see them, I want them more!
So after drooling over recipe after recipe online, I decided to finally make my own.
While these aren’t the same as her toffee milk chocolate chip dough balls, these are just as tasty. The roasted almond butter and dark chocolate chips give these cookies a deep, rich quality that makes them irresistible.
And they are rich – very rich and very sweet – but you’ll be fighting for the last one, no matter how many you’ve already eaten.
In fact, I think it’s time I make some more. I only I had 3 out of this batch, and Nick ate the rest.
I told you he was a cookie monster.
Almond Butter and Dark Chocolate Cookie Balls
Makes 24 cookie balls
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in almond butter and vanilla.
- Beat in baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour to sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take dough by the tablespoon and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake 12 minutes.
- Let them sit on the pan for a minute before moving to a cooling rack.