Out of all the homemade treats we made this year, Nick and I received the most comments about this one.
I thought for sure we’d here more about our homemade chocolate covered toffee or the incredible cocoa roasted nuts or even the almond brittle…but nope.
People love oreos. And I guess that means they love oreo bark.
Turns out that it was one of the easiest treats we made this year.
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 oreos, crushed or chopped
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper down on a sheet pan.
- In microwave safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips for 1 minute, stopping to stir after 30 seconds.
- Once the chips are melted, spread white chocolate on parchment paper and place sheet pan in the fridge for 10 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- When the white chocolate is hardened/set, heat your semi-sweet chips for 1 minute in another microwave safe bowl, stopping to stir after 30 seconds.
- When the semi-sweet chips are melted, smooth it over the white chocolate and sprinkle on the crushed oreos.
- Press the cookies into the chocolate.
- Place sheet pan back in the fridge until chocolate has set, about 10 minutes.
- Break bark into bite size pieces.