While the majority of our homemade Christmas gifts were edible this year, I wanted to try making something for the girls besides more candy.
I thought about doing flavored olive oils, but after seeing that I had some leftover Ball Jars from this summer, I decided to make a homemade sugar scrub they could use this winter to keep their skin silky smooth.
My little sister used it the other day and told me her hands were incredibly soft! I’m so excited it actually worked, because it was the easiest thing I’ve ever made.
Vanilla Sugar Scrub
To make one 1/2 pint jar:
- About 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 – 1 cup light, unscented oil (i.e., safflower, etc)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pour sugar into jar until it’s about 1” from the top of the jar.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of oil – it will sit on the top of the sugar at first, just be patient! You’ll need to keep adding oil, a little at a time, and wait for it to seep down into the sugar.
- Keep adding oil and waiting until you can stir the sugar to get it all coated with oil.
- Once you have enough oil in the jar, stir in the vanilla, add any additional (if you need more), and put the lid on.