A few weeks ago, I got an offer to sample Sokenbicha Tea, Japan’s leading tea brand, before it made its U.S. debut at Whole Foods nationwide this October.
*I received these samples for free, but my opinions are my own.
Sokenbicha’s authentically brewed teas are unsweetened, contain zero calories and are made with tea blends and natural botanicals from around the globe. Sokenbicha is inspired by the teachings of Kampo, a traditional Japanese herbal approach to health and wellness dating back more than 1500 years.
The five varieties of Sokenbicha are:
- Revive, a crisp oolong tea blend infused with pomegranate and raspberry notes, black tea and rose hips
- Defend, a mild oolong tea blend with guava leaves and ginseng
- Purify, an aromatic green tea blend with chamomile and aloe
- Shape, a bold barley tea blend with peach flower notes, pu’er and green teas
- Skin, a full-bodied barley tea blend with cinnamon and ginger
They recommend sampling the drinks in the above order, and I definitely agree! Sweet tea lovers will be drawn to Revive, traditional Chinese oolong tea fans will like Defend, green tea drinkers will enjoy Purify and adventure seekers will likely appreciate the bold Japanese-style barley teas Shape and Skin.
Nick and I had fun trying each flavor – they were so different from each other, and I love the variety and different blends.
Green tea is one of my favorites, especially iced, and I have to say that the Purify was my favorite. It was so fruity and sweet, I would have sworn it had added sugar or fruit juice, but it was just the blend of teas. Delicious!
Along with my tea samples, I also received a Sokenbicha reusable bag and journal.
And what makes these teas even better?
The beverages will be introduced in 15.2 fluid ounce bottles made from PlantBottleTM packaging – a PET plastic that features up to 30 percent plant based material. 100 percent recyclable, the bottles are made through a process that turns sugar cane and molasses into PET plastic. Sokenbicha™ has zero grams of sugar and zero calories and includes no added preservatives or artificial flavors. Cool, huh?
Want to win some Sokenbicha of your very own?
Three lucky winners will score their own Sokenbicha Tea samples along with eco-friendly shopping bag!
- Leave me a comment telling me YOUR favorite type of tea – hot chai, iced black, green tea?
For additional entries:
- Tweet: @BranAppetit is giving away @SokenbichaTea! and leave another comment letting me know you did
- Link to this giveaway and leave another comment for me
I’ll be picking a winner Monday at lunch! Good luck