Every cookie recipe I’ve tried lately has been “my favorite cookie recipe yet”.
I’m okay with that since it means we’ve been eating good cookies.
Because this batch I made last night are my new favorites cookies! :)
The best part?
They’re vegan and whole wheat. Crispy on the edges and soft in the middle, just how cookies should be. Just better for you!
Take that, 3-stick-of-butter-apple pie bars.
Also…these had to be vegan because I ran out of butter while making those apple pie bars. But either way – these cookies are delicious.
Dark Chocolate and Nut Butter Cookies
Makes 18-22 cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp Earth Balance
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 “flax egg” – 1 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, cream the Earth Balance and brown sugar.
- Mix the vanilla and flax egg into the sugar mixture.
- Beat nut butter into sugar mixture.
- Add dry ingredients, a little at a time, until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoon-full onto baking sheet, 1-2” apart.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Cool on baking rack.
Do you have any new favorite cookie recipes? Send them my way! I need some more baking projects :)
Last chance to win!
FOOD & WINE is giving away a year-long subscription to a lucky reader from BranAppetit. Click here to enter and read official rules here.
This post is part of a series featuring recipes from the FOOD & WINE archive. As a FOOD & WINE Blogger Correspondent, I was chosen to do four recipes a week from FOOD & WINE. I received a subscription to FOOD & WINE for my participation.