My husband is a cookie monster.
My childhood visits to the dentist almost always included getting a cavity filled.
Nany always had a bowl of ice cream before going to bed and my Mammaw used to eat sugar by the spoonful when she was younger.
What can I say? My family likes sweets.
My sweet tooth is always kicking, but these days, I try to make some of my favorite sweets just a little bit healthier.
In most cases, you can’t tell one bit!
This is one of those cases.
Eat one and you can bet you’ll want s’more.
Graham Cracker Crust:
– 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
– ½ cup Earth Balance, melted
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 cup whole wheat flour
– ½ cup applesauce
– 1/3 cup water
– ½ cup cocoa powder
– ¾ tsp baking powder
– ¼ tsp salt
– ½ -1 cup chocolate chips
– 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease 8×8 pan.
3. Combine melted Earth Balance (or butter) with graham crackers and press into baking dish.
4. Bake crust for 7-8 minutes.
5. While crust is working, mix together all ingredients except marshmallows.
6. Pour brownie batter on crust.
7. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until batter is cooked through.
8. Top with marshmallows and turn oven to broil.
9. Put baking dish back in oven until tops of marshmallows are bubbling and browning.
10. Let cool before cutting.