1. I woke up this morning wanting two things: chocolate and peanut butter. And I never feel bad about having chocolate in my breakfast on Fridays.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- pinch salt
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Tbsp TJ’s roasty flaxseed peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chunks
Friday also means that we make coffee to take with us, which makes me very happy :)
Between this tasty bowl of oatmeal and our Honduran coffee, I’m having a great start to my day.
2. My lunch today is going to be awesome! I’m already excited about it.
I whipped up my favorite egg salad recipe the other night and will be wrapping that up come lunch time.
This batch (4-5 servings):
- 7 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 6 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp sweet relish
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
If you haven’t put smoked paprika in your egg salad, do it!
I’ve got a salad for some veggies: cherry tomatoes, avocado, romaine, carrots, and scallions.
3. The BEST thing about today: My Dad comes home tonight! He’s been in Guam for work since March and is flying home as I type. I know my mom is super excited to see him, and we are too! It’s been strange not having him at family get-togethers, and he’s coming back just in time to make it to the VT / Boise State game with us next weekend ;)
What are 3 good things about your day today?