I hope your Friday is going well and that you’re gearing up for a good weekend.
Tonight is going to be awesome – I’ll be attending a fabulous Ladies Only event, and I can’t wait to report back! I’m pretty excited to see what it will be like – I get to dress up and everything!
For now, grab your lunch and let’s get to know Elaine.
1. What’s your name and blog address? My name is Elaine from Om Sweet Om
2. How long have you been blogging? Since April 2010.
3. What do you love / hate about blogging? I love how you get to meet so many different people from different places, but sharing the same passion you have (in this case, food, health, & fitness!). I actually learn alot by reading other blogs, whether it be on cooking/baking tips, working out, or just some daily tidbits. I’m really slow when it comes to blogging though, but I’m learning to get faster!
4. What’s your favorite color? It really depends on my mood! But I’d usually go for a pretty pink, sky blue, or spring green.
5. Favorite movie? Oh geez, this is a tough question. Whenever people ask me this, I’d give them a blank look. One thing I know for sure is that my favorite movies of all time are the Disney Classics! I also really enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine, Wall-E, Singing in the Rain, and 500 Days of Summer.
6. Favorite book? Recently, The Kite Runner, My Sister’s Keeper, A Thousand Splendid Suns, Black White & Jewish, Eat Pray Love, and of course, cookbooks!
7. Favorite food? Chocolate, frozen yogurt, and TAIWANESE food!
8. Chocolate or vanilla? CHOCOLATE, HANDS DOWN! :-D
9. Favorite tv show NOW and when you were growing up? I really enjoyed Chuck while it was still on air. I’m recently catching up on Glee and Gossip Girl. When I was growing up I loved Disney Channel! One of my favorite shows on Disney Channel was Adventures of Gummi Bear (mine, too!).
10. Do you like playing sports? Watching sports? Yup! I used to play on the volleyball and badminton teams in high school. Do not underestimate badminton! Studies have shown that badminton players run more than tennis players during a match! Watching sports? Not so much, unless it’s volleyball or badminton.
11. Are you a coffee or tea person? Or neither? I’m more of a tea person. I drink Teeccino as my "coffee."
12. Do you have tattoos or piercings? I have pierced ears, one on each side.
13. Do you have any special talents? I can roll my tongue into a lotus flower shape. I can wiggle my ears. I play the flute and the piccolo in my college orchestra. I do yoga! I can do a headstand!
14. If you could go anywhere in the world TOMORROW, where would you go? India, because I want to visit the country where yoga started. Italy, because of the romantic atmosphere, glorious pasta, and authentic cappuccinos. Greece, because of its grandeur and majestic architecture.
15. Last thing you ate? Banana oats pancakes from a recipe I whipped up myself this morning! :-) They were quite ugly, but nevertheless tasty!
16. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? In chronological order: A princess, an artist, a writer. Although right now I’ve declared myself a Biology major in college, I’m not sure that is what I want to pursue my career in (as in I don’t want to be a researcher). Some of the careers I’ve been considering are yoga instructor, high school Biology teacher, and nutritionist advisor.
17. What was your favorite subject in school? Biology
18. What games did you play when you were younger? My friends and I liked to set up our own "obstacle courses" in the school playground. We would start from one end of the playground and work our way through monkey bars, slides, poles, jungle gyms, to get to the other end. Each day a different person would establish the course, and everyone else would follow. We also enjoyed "Jungle Gym Tag," pretty much just tag on a jungle gym! I was addicted to Tether Ball for awhile too.
19. Favorite restaurant? A vegetarian restaurant in Taiwan called Easy House, and a Mediterranean restaurant (also in Taiwan) that serves the best falafel pita sandwiches!
20. Favorite store? For clothes: Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Target. For home stuff: IKEA, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond!
21. Favorite animal? Sea otters are adorable!
22. Favorite thing to cook/make? Cookies are my favorite to bake! They’re fast, easy, and perfect when you just need a little snack. I love it how you can create so many different variations just based on one cookie recipe. I also like making breakfast for my family, especially french toasts and eggs.
23. Most embarrassing guilty pleasure? Double, triple, quadruple, etc etc etc my fork or spoon into a jar of nut butter, ice cream, hummus, or yogurt. But I’m sure everyone has done this at least once in their lives!
24. Do you have any nicknames? Enio (long story), Goldfeeesh (another story, but shorter), Elainster
25. List one thing the “blog world” doesn’t know about you but should! My mom didn’t use to bake or cook as much as she did today. I was the one who got interested in baking cakes and cookies in the first place, and got her hooked as well!
What are you doing to kick off your weekend? Any fun Friday night plans?