My name is Kristin and I write the food, running and travel blog Iowa Girl Eats. Some of my very favorite things to cook are Asian and Thai influenced dishes, which not only have to be delicious, but easy to make, too! My flavorful, yet simple, Thai Tofu Pizza combines pre-made pizza crust with a rich peanut suace, fresh veggies and a burst of sweet mango. So quick and tasty that it won a Nasoya Tofu recipe contest in May 2010. Hope you enjoy!
Thai Tofu Pizza
1 12″ pre-made pizza crust (or homemade)
1 recipe peanut sauce (see below)
1/2 block extra firm Nasoya tofu, pressed and crumbled
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
2 sliced green onions
2 Tablespoons chopped mango
2 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
3 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon water
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (could use siracha)
1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat oven according to package directions.
2. Combine peanut sauce ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and process until smooth.
3. Mix 2 Tablespoons peanut sauce with the crumbled tofu, then sauté on medium heat until lightly colored, ~5 minutes.
4. Spread remaining sauce onto pizza crust, then top with cooked tofu, cheese, broccoli and green onions. Bake according to package directions, or until cheese is golden brown.
5. Top with mango, peanuts & cilantro, slice and enjoy!