This is what Maggie looks like on Saturday mornings:
And this is what she looks like on Sunday mornings:
After breakfast and her crazy run-around-the-house deal, she just wants to cuddle. Nick cuddles her on Saturdays, and I get her on Sundays :)
But who wouldn’t want to cuddle this?
She definitely has some energy, but I’m glad we got a dog that will settle down and cuddle us every now and then. I think weekend mornings are her favorite times of the week, too!
Maggie’s morning routine:
- Wake up with Nick, go out to use the bathroom.
- Nick scoops out her first round of breakfast and she rolls over for him to rub her belly for a few minutes (her morning routine with him)
- Plays with Nick until I’m out of the shower
- Picks up a toy and sits and waits for me to come over to her
- Does this little wiggly-butt walk, toy in her mouth, so I can rub her back. I get some funny puppy growls and noises during her “good morning” routine with me :)
- Second round of breakfast
- More playtime
Right now, she’s curled up by my feet, waiting for Nick to come back out of the bedroom – she’s a mess when she doesn’t know where he is. So cute.
While Maggie has two breakfasts, I’m pretty sure my one breakfast tastes better.
I made an oatmeal pancake (oats, egg whites, salt, cinnamon, baking powder) topped with greek yogurt and some local nectarine.
I have to say – I’m really enjoying black coffee!
I gave up sweetening my coffee a few years ago when I kicked Splenda to the curb, but I never thought I would drink coffee without milk or cream.
Turns out it’s easy to do when you don’t have any milk or cream in the house ;)
It also helps that this coffee is just good coffee – freshly ground and brewed for the right amount of time. I should do a post on our coffee process some time – it’s a little ridiculous, but it gives us amazing coffee so we’re willing to do it.
Time to work!