I’ve got a date to get our car inspected on my lunch break, so lunch had to be fast!
I heated up the last of the pea pesto whole wheat pasta and the Niman Ranch ham, along with a sauteed zucchini and some diced local tomato.
Fast, delicious, and full of veggies and whole grains.
So, as I mentioned last night, my pants have been a bit tight lately. I’m in need of a recharge on the healthy eating / activity front.
Honestly, they’ve been a little tight since our trip to Spain. Probably a combination of a lack of much exercise and too many desserts.
I go through this every few years it seems.
And I’m not horribly worried about it! It’s only a few pounds and is nothing to freak out about, but I would like my jeans to fit better.
- More fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean protein
- More water! I noticed that I drink a lot more water when I’m home than when I’m at work, so I’m working on that.
- STOP wearing jeans that are already a little big on me! I’m going to only wear my favorites, which are a bit snug, so I can measure my progress.
- Find healthier desserts/snacks to have if I really need something sweet
- And even though I love baking…I need to take a break from making “healthier” baked goods so much. I like knowing I CAN make healthier items, but I feel like I give myself permission to eat even more of them because they’re healthier, you know? We don’t need a dessert every weekend!
- Run more, walk more, be active more. Nick and I got in a really bad rut with our new puppy and the horrible winter we had. Thankfully, the weather is better and we’re trying to get back in a good schedule to run a few mornings a week. And we both want to keep it up, so that should be a great thing.
I’m not completely cutting anything out because I don’t think it’s necessary.
I’m just eating cleaner. Less sweets. Mostly whole foods. Things that are homemade.
Do ever have to recharge or hit the “reset” button on your efforts?
I know I’m not completely off track, nor am I eating how I did in college, but I definitely know I’ve been giving myself a bit too much slack with sweets, desserts (even healthy ones!) and a lack of activity.